• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Framemaker 2017 and MIF files

New Here ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have got the Trial version of Framemaker 2017 and wanted to open a MIF file someone sent me but I keep getting the convert window up and when I click OK I get a message telling me it is impossible to open the file. Have tried another MIF file and the same thing. I thought this program opened MIF files?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Per Google it seems to be some video format. Guss you will have to contact the person who sent you the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does - what version of FM created the MIF file & to what standard (version, level) was it saved as?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thought - try updating your install of FM2017 (there's been a patch released & the trial installer won't have it included) & then try opening the MIF file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first question is: Is it actually a "Maker Interchange Format" (MIF) file? MIF is the extension of several completely different programs. Could be also e.g. the "MapInfo Interchange Format".

Try to drag & drop the MIF file into Windows Notepad and see what it says. Maybe you can copy the first few lines here into the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what comes out in Notepad:

MI         <AA          AA          AA          AA          AA          AA          AA          AA          AA          AA          AA     !    AA     "    AA     #    AA     $    AA     %    AA     &    AA     '    AA     (    AA     )    AA     *    AA     +    AA     ,    AA     -    AA     .    AA     /    AA     0    AA     1    AA     2    AA     3    AA     4    AA     5    AA     6    AA     7    AA     8    AA     9    AA     :    AA     ;    AA     <    AA     =    AA     >    AA     ?    AA     @    AA     A    AA     B    AA     C    AA     D    AA     E    AA     F    AA     G    AA     H    AA     I    AA     J    AA     K    AA     L    AA     M    AA     N    AA     O    AA     P    AA     Q    AA     R      

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope - that's no MIF file created by FM - you should see nice readable text in there ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder what on earth it is then. Have had 2 of them sent to me with countless other folders attached. Been asked to open and edit them for video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Per Google it seems to be some video format. Guss you will have to contact the person who sent you the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all for your help - appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines