• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker 2017 crashed when saving as PDF

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brand-spanking new version of FrameMaker 2017 installed, and on brand-new computer.

OK, technically, 13-inch 2017 core i5 MacBook Pro w/ 16GB RAM, 256GB HDD, running macOS High Sierra, Parallels, Windows 10 Pro, and demo version of FM (to test, plan to subscribe). I increased the amount of memory available to Windows in the VM from the default 2GB to 6GB.

Opening a book file created by a co-worker and copied to my machine, a book with more than a dozen .FM files and a couple hundred images in a separate images folder. Only issue on opening is some font-not-available substitution messages.

Tried saving to PDF by:

- Save As..., then selecting PDF

- Save as PDF

In both cases, not more than 5 seconds went by before FrameMaker crashed. No error message or anything, just disappeared.

So, any guesses? Does FrameMaker leave any kind of stack trace anywhere when it crashes for diagnostic purposes that I can review, and if so, where?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If using Windows 10 version 1803, try going back to version 1709. There is a printing bug MSnos working on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines