• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Framemaker 2017 crashing/ no Book Error Log

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Framemaker 2017 installed on my work machine (Windows 7) and a home machine (Windows 10).   When I work on the home machine, the program crashes consistently when I try to update book files (LOP/TOC). 

From some trial and error, I've noticed that the Book Error Log does not appear on the Windows 10 machine, and the crashes are triggered by small items that would normally just appear on the log (i.e. numbering or color consistency errors).

I've tried reinstalling with no change.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Is there a setting that would cause the book error log to appear/disappear?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I have sent you a private message. Kindly provide the requested details so that we can connect and assist you with FM 2017 crash issue.

Regards,

Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello AJIT_M, I'm dealing with the some problem!!

Can you help me too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having issues regenerating books as well. We recently upgraded from FM12 to 2017. We've narrowed the issue down to one file but not sure what's special about it. Any help would be appreciated as this is causing a major slow down in our work process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried MIF-washing it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is it possible for you to share the file, where you have narrowed down the issue.

You can mail me the file at ksaini@adobe.com.

Regards

Kunal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Is there an explanation or a resolution for this issue? I am also getting a crash when I try to update a book using the FDK function F_ApiUpdateBook() and I would like to know how to fix it.

Also, it looks like error messages about inconsistent settings in a book are sometimes written to the book error log and sometimes to the Console window. What are the circumstances for deciding where to write the messages?

Windows 10, FM12 and FM 2017.

Thanks,

--tassos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines