• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker 2017 displays images tiny (DITA 1.2)

Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I suppose something in the read/write rules has changed, but before digging into the issue I thought I'd ask the forum.

We have migrated from FM2015 to 2017 and now images in paragraphs display very small. As you can see in the screenshot, this image is about 50pt wide but the size properties are ignored. Manual resizing is lost when the file is saved. Any ideas?

2015_image.png

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked to make sure your structured application is being used and is using your width attribute to size the image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We found out that it wasn't the R/W rules, but rather FM2017 interprets a style setting of the anchor paragraph different than 2015 (and the previous versions) did. We had to remove the setting for a fixed line height as shown below.

sideimage.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing...can you please report that to adobe.com/go/wish ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uakinci  Does this explain what you were seeing with your AI files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Matt, yes it worked, kind of.

When I get rid of the "Fixed Line Space" setting for "Figure Anchor" para style in FM2017 I do not get any tiny-dot size images anymore when I import AI-format images through File>Import>File.

But I do not get a single-size column-width image either.

The width and size of the image varies, depending on the paragraph style that anchors the image but as long as I don't get any pin-head small images I can live with that. Many thanks for the follow up. Appreciate it.

P.S. I can't help but wonder how does FM2017 decide what the final size of the imported AI image should be, as a function of the para style settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines