• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker 2017 Glyphs Palette Issues

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glyphs palette is not working in adobe FrameMaker 2017 the glyph palette won't stay open and will not allow me to select fonts and then closes.

TOPICS
FAQ , Formatting and numbering

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scribblur:

By "Glyphs palette" do you mean Insert > Character > Character Palette? Mine is working as expected in 2017.

So, start by making sure you are using the most current version of 2017 (14.0.4.511). If not, use Help > Updates to update. If you are, you might consider rebuilding preferences, outlined here: https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-framemaker-resetting-preferences/.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I'm not the only person this happens to!

Scribblur, there is a bug for this. I have recently learned that what is happening is that the Charmap.exe used by FrameMaker is being closed, although I don't know what is closing it. The last time I spoke with Adobe support, they said a fix is coming. Meantime, you can use the Windows Character Map utility. It's pretty much the same thing, you just have to leave FrameMaker to start it.

Barb, I've tried resetting the preferences folder, but the fix is only temporary. Strictly a one-shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines