• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Framemaker 2017 - Is File > Import (list of open Frame files) gone?

Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I guess I have something to add to the list of things to test for next time we upgrade Framemaker.....

We manage much of our content using text insets.  We upgraded from Frame 12, where (and in every other version prior to that we've used text insets) you could go to File > Import and it would also list other open Framemaker files for an easy import into the main document.  Either my eyes are missing it, or is that feature gone?  That was always a huge timesaver in not having to go through as much of our network structure to easily import another Framemaker file as a text inset.

Is there a reason this was removed?  Is there a chance we can get it back???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hadn't noticed that yet, but you are correct. You can add it to the wish list here:

Tracker 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It would be cool to have the (new) Project Manager create text insets with drag/drop!! As far as I can see, right now you can only open files by dragging into the doc window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines