Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Framemaker 2017 is missing some fonts that Framemaker 10 had

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
We have upgraded to Framemaker 2017 from FM 10. It seems that some of the fonts that we had in FM 10 are missing.

Myriad Pro Light
MyriadPro-Cond
MyriadPro-Semibold

Is there any way to download these from Adobe?, as our templates are now substituting these fonts with Times New Roman.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to Wikipedia (Myriad (typeface) - Wikipedia ) the Myriad Pro typeface came with Acrobat Reader, but in later versions didn't necessarily get installed in your Fonts list. Did you change machines when you changed FM versions? I'd be checking around for the font to be installed if it's missing from your Windows list of fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,
Its the same laptop that FM 10 was installed on.
I had FM 10 and Adobe Acrobat Writer professional, now I have FM 2017 and Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.
It is not just me that has this problem, 2 of my colleagues have the same problem.
Myriad Pro font is available, just some of the sub Myriad fonts are missing:

Myriad Pro Light

MyriadPro-Cond

MyriadPro-Semibold

There are no Myriad fonts at all in the Windows fonts folder (using Windows 7 professional 64bit)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed up your posts - there's no "FM 2010" version; it's just FM10. I don't think the font came with FM10; was it something you purchased and installed? If it's the same machine, you should still have FM10 installed - there's no reason why you can't have multiple versions of FM on the same machine (you can't have multiple versions of Acrobat however - they don't play nice together).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Simon:

An easy fix for you is to go to your system backups and retrieve the Myriad Pro Light font and any others that were deleted somehow. Then you wouldn't need to modify any of your client files.

Alternatively, you can license Myriad Pro Light and the others with a Typekit subscription. It looks like the Portfolio plan at $50/year would take care of it. Plans | Typekit

A final option is to update your template to a font that you do have, and the import the updated template into your documents. That's obviously the most work.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I look in C:\Program Files

(x86)\Adobe\AdobeFrameMaker10\fminit\fonts\Adobe, I see some Myriad

fonts, but not the ones you lack.

When I look in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Fonts, I see that the

fonts you are missing are installed on my computer. So they were

probably installed by a program other than FrameMaker-- probably Acrobat

or Creative Suite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mike:

They came with CS5 and CS5.5.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines