Highlighted

FrameMaker 2017, saving map to PDF: There was an error opening this document. This file cannot be found.

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently installed a trial copy of FrameMaker 2017 on my computer. I opened a DITA 1.3 map from FrameMaker 2015 and tried saving it to PDF, I receive the message: There was an error opening this document. This file cannot be found.

I then created a very simple three topic map in DITA 1.3 and also DITA 1.2 and receive the same message.

I then tried to publish the maps to Responsive HTML5 and receive the message: Failed to publish. Check if JRE is installed. I have no idea what JRE is and how to find whether it is installed or not.

I look forward to finding a solution. Thank you!

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

FrameMaker 2017, saving map to PDF: There was an error opening this document. This file cannot be found.

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently installed a trial copy of FrameMaker 2017 on my computer. I opened a DITA 1.3 map from FrameMaker 2015 and tried saving it to PDF, I receive the message: There was an error opening this document. This file cannot be found.

I then created a very simple three topic map in DITA 1.3 and also DITA 1.2 and receive the same message.

I then tried to publish the maps to Responsive HTML5 and receive the message: Failed to publish. Check if JRE is installed. I have no idea what JRE is and how to find whether it is installed or not.

I look forward to finding a solution. Thank you!

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 16, 2017 0
Engaged ,
Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You Need to install JAVA on your machine...

Download der kostenlosen Java-Software

Not sure why it's not available or installed by FrameMaker Setup.

Aber Installation of Java Publishing works well.

Markus

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 11, 2017 0