Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My welcome screen:

VMware Fusionss_001.png

My student's welcome screen:

GoToMeeting v8.1.0ss_001.png

How do we reset this so that she can see the normal welcome screen?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Internet Explorer 11 is listed in the System Requirements. It's only needed for the welcome screen as far as I know:

FrameMaker System Requirements

If IE11 is not installed (it is installed by default in Windows, so if it's not there it was manually removed), e.g. the links on the welcome page do not work or other functional restrictions might appear in the welcome screen.

I recommend to check first, if IE11 is installed. If not, reinstall it. If IE11 is present, uninstalling FrameMaker and reinst

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe something has munged up that Welcome screen somehow? I know Stefan pointed out where it’s located (so you can play with it if you want), but I don’t recall the location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, looks like somehow the welcome screen got corrupted.

The welcome screen is located here:

<$FMHOME>\Adobe FrameMaker 2017\fminit\dws\resources\welcomeScreen\

Please also note, that Internet Explorer 11 has to be installed on the machine for full functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stefan Gentz [Adobe]: I missed the earlier thread that Jeff_Coatsworth  referred to. What exactly, do I do to help her restore the welcome screen?

And "Internet Explorer 11 has to be installed on the machine for full functionality" is new to me as well. Do you have a link with any more information about this? Like what happens if it isn't installed on a student system? What functionality goes missing? Is there an error message shown during installation if 11 isn't installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Internet Explorer 11 is listed in the System Requirements. It's only needed for the welcome screen as far as I know:

FrameMaker System Requirements

If IE11 is not installed (it is installed by default in Windows, so if it's not there it was manually removed), e.g. the links on the welcome page do not work or other functional restrictions might appear in the welcome screen.

I recommend to check first, if IE11 is installed. If not, reinstall it. If IE11 is present, uninstalling FrameMaker and reinstalling it is the way to go. Otherwise, you might delete the "welcomeScreen" folder on the user's machine and replace it with yours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very clear. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi BarbBinder,

as Stefan wrote

The welcome screen is located here:

<$FMHOME>\Adobe FrameMaker 2017\fminit\dws\resources\welcomeScreen\

In that folder there's a file "welcome.html". You can launch this with your standard browser to see if it's correct.

If not, you simply can replace your students folder with yours.

The only thing IE is needed for is to launch the links in the right part (watch webinars ..... learn)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines