Highlighted

FrameMaker 2017 - Update/Save generates files with "an odd suffix"

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I update/save, receive error message: "The document was saved to a temporary file, but FM can't rename it to have the correct name. The newer version has an odd suffix"  And indeed there are files with odd file extensions - New chapter.fm.D6B

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

FrameMaker 2017 - Update/Save generates files with "an odd suffix"

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I update/save, receive error message: "The document was saved to a temporary file, but FM can't rename it to have the correct name. The newer version has an odd suffix"  And indeed there are files with odd file extensions - New chapter.fm.D6B

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 26, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any permissions issues with the saved location?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2017 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my experience, the odd file extensions are the result of Fm crashes. I suggest moving them to a temp folder (in case you need to dig into them for something) and see if your original files are intact. After a few rounds of edits, you should be able to delete the temp folder.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2017 1
DPeebles LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am suspecting network drive permissions to be the culprit. I copied all files locally and the problems disappeared. I don't want to have to do this as SOP so I am hoping when I can nail down our network guys they will give us full permission. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2017 0