Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker 2017 Welcome screen

Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I recently had the Adobe Technical Communication Suite 2017 installed on my work computer. I am using a Windows 7 machine.

When I open FrameMaker, my welcome screen is shown below. I believe it should look different. Are there any settings I can change to have the welcome screen appear as it should?

Thank you!

FrameMaker Welcome Screen.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you've applied all the latest patches - I think there was another thread with a messed-up Welcome screen too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've applied the updates but still the same.

Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Internet Explorer 11 installed? (It's a system requirement.) If not, install it. Once it is installed, uninstall and reinstall FrameMaker 2017.

FrameMaker 2017 Truncated Welcome Screen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, IE 11 is already installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did the suggested fix in post#10 of this thread - Re: Welcome screen not displaying properly  - help at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No the issue is still not fixed. Still searching for another solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I see that you're using Win7, not 10, so the Edge change wouldn't have anything to do with it. What happens when you try opening up that Welcome.html file outside of FM? Does it appear correct or is it munged up too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "edge" flag has nothing to do with the Microsoft browser "Edge". It just forces the latest browser mode of IE.

For more details, see here:

Specifying legacy document modes (Internet Explorer)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification Stefan - does the latest patch include the change?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open the Welcome.html file, it appears correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With what browser? Is it working if you use IE11?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The effect usually happens when some Firewall or AV is blocking FrameMaker. Try adding FrameMaker as an exception in the firewall rules. This should fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, when I open the Welcome.html file, it appears correct in Internet Explorer 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the exact screen I get.  Any resolution? I could not tell through all the strings on the welcome page issues.   I tried many of the suggestions posted but I am still experiencing this issue on FrameMaker 2019. Others in my group have no issue, so I doubt it is broader issue than my PC. Any new info?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines