Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker 2019 64 Bit Crash Randomly

Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows 10, 64 GB RAM 64 bit OS. Intel Xeon 2.70 GHZ

Installed FM 2019 about a month ago and it crashed randomly...then stopped. I was saving frequently and then quit doing that and it "magically" stopped crashing.  When I started another new document based on a structured template, the random crashing started again a few days ago. Today,  I uninstalled FM 2017, then reinstalled FM 2019. The crashing is still happening. At first it would create .dmp files. Now it isn't. I can't pinpoint when it crashes exactly. It has been when i'm just inserting cursor into the structured view or doing nothing at all (I came back from lunch and it shut down). Any suggestions?

10/07/2019 Update: 
Company upgraded to latest version of Windows 10 and that seemed to elimate the issue.  Not sure if it eliminated a bug in Windows, FrameMaker, or my machine. Happy to report its been stable for 2 straight days. No crashing. Also fixed a weird issue with resetting my custom workspace and not allowing to "permanently" dock pods such as hypertext and cross reference.

TOPICS
Error , Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Still no definitive resolution to this problem but think we have it pinpointed to the fact that the files i'm working on are on our network, not my local drive.

10/07/2019 Update: 
Company upgraded to latest version of Windows 10 and that seemed to elimate the issue.  Not sure if it eliminated a bug in Windows, FrameMaker, or my machine. Happy to report its been stable for 2 straight days. No crashing. Also fixed a weird issue with resetting my custom workspace and not allowing to "permanently"

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you all patched up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe so, version 15.0.4.751. Ironically as i was checking my version it just shut down and crashed again. no .dmp file but i noticed the maker.ini file was updated along with a consfile.txt. at the time of the crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have sent you a private message. Please try to perform the suggested instructions and let me know the status. I will be looking forward to your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted the renamed the FM15 folder as you suggested (and the other things) and it has shut down twice in the last half hour. It creates its another "maker.ini" file, a "consfile.txt", and a mathflowlugin.ini file. The second time it only created a maker.ini file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no definitive resolution to this problem but think we have it pinpointed to the fact that the files i'm working on are on our network, not my local drive.

10/07/2019 Update: 
Company upgraded to latest version of Windows 10 and that seemed to elimate the issue.  Not sure if it eliminated a bug in Windows, FrameMaker, or my machine. Happy to report its been stable for 2 straight days. No crashing. Also fixed a weird issue with resetting my custom workspace and not allowing to "permanently" dock pods such as hypertext and cross reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 days without FrameMaker crashing would make me happy.

and surprised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can go days or weeks between crashes, but yeah, FM is no longer as stable as it used to be. At least it isn't subject to random file corruptions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines