• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Framemaker 2019 Cross-references

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to learn how to create cross-references in an unstructured document in Framemaker 2019. I believe that I followed directions, but the result is this:

The first four of these components are shown in “The first four of these components are shown in Figure 2-1.” on page 1Figure 2-1.

Why does it appear this way when I insert the cross-reference?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need to see both the xref definition you created and (at least) the numbering tab from the paragraph designer for the tag you are referencing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, linsims. Your reply sent me to study the right areas.  It seems that I had successfully created the cross-reference, but didn't understand that the text could be edited to pretty much whatever I wanted it to be. Also, I expected to be able to click on the source and go to the reference.  With your suggestion and the help of a tutorial from Klaus Daube, I realized that you have to Ctrl-Alt and click to jump.  Once again, the help from Adobe is lacking. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Klaus's website is invaluable. If you haven't done so already, download his compendium.pdf. It's an excellent reference. Another excellent reference is Matt Sullivan's FrameMaker: Working with Content, which is available in both printed/bound and PDF formats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The information about using Ctrl+Alt to follow a link now exists only in the hotspot topics in Help. I have added Bug 6448 to the Tracker site requesting that the information be included in the topics for xrefs, TOCs, indexes, and hypertext markers. Go vote for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines