Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Framemaker 2019 HTML5 Publishing Time

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In Framemaker 2019, I have been publishing in HTML5 a book comprised of around 50 images that are referenced on a local drive. The average publishing time for a book this size takes around 30 minutes. Has anyone else in the community seen similar publishing time lengths? Is there anyway for me to optimize how long it takes?

Thank you 

TOPICS
Publishing , Responsive HTML5 , Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't expect that to take more than about 5 minutes at the outside. What about the graphics...are they particularly large in Mb?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt,

The total file size I am trying to Publish to HTML5 is 256MB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's quite an amount of time for publishing into Html5

Which type of images are you using mostly in your files and what is the range of your image file size.

I had some issue similar to this in the previous version but was resolved when I converted "referred" image file into "copy".

Let me know if you need script for converting this through extend script.

You can try this solution if possible.

--Pulkit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pulkit. So after some testing, I found that the culprit for the long HTML5 publishing times is the PDF graphics I am referencing. To publish 20 PNG images in HTML5 it took 3 seconds. For 20 PDF images in HTML it took 9 minutes. Do you recommend anyway for me optimize the publication of PDF imagery?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In that case, I suggest you to export your PDF images as PNG images and then import the same in FM and publish HTML5.

I am not aware of any other way except this to optimize.

-Pulkit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines