• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker 2019 not converting landscape pages properly

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since upgrading to FrameMaker 2019, we have experienced issued when converting files with landscaped pages to PDF. When using the Save as PDF command, the content of the page is fine, but the header and footer text on the page is rotated and garbled. Printing to PDF solves this issues for single files. However, when we convert a book containing files with landscaped pages, it becomes problematic. Some books are too large to use the Print to PDF command, and replacing sections of the PDF rotates and moves the link boxes. Will a fix be coming for this issue? We did not have this problem with our last version of FrameMaker.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you all patched up? There were some PDF fixes in patch 2 (IIRC) - you might also try the PDF creation route via the Publishing pod for the new faster method of PDFing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just updated my version of FrameMaker 2019 becuase I have this same issue but it has not been fixed. Any suggestions on fixing it?

Erika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(removed, as system duplicated the reply)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Jeff...the better approach is to use the Publish panel, especially since the PDF engine is again improved in Fm 2020.

It sounds like the file might be corrupt. Try saving as MIF and then reopening in Fm. If that doesn't work, try pasting the content into a "new" Fm doc and retest.

Let us know what you find.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My group's standard process uses Print Selected Files for PDF generation anyway, but recently I was experimenting with the Publishing pod and got exactly the same problem reported in the OP. We're probably a couple patches behind (because our byzantine corporate IT environment makes timely updates difficult; we're on FM2019, BTW), but I see another person has reported the same problem with a fully patched-up implementation. I tried this with a couple different files, all of which behave perfectly normally in other respects, so I question whether file corruption is the issue.

I'm interested to see if anyone has an answer: If so, I might revisit incorporating the Publishing pod into our workflow (which predates the existence of the Publishing pod!).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found a solution to this problem yet?

For some reason I'm unable to "print to PDF" (it never actually creates anything - I think it's my organisation's policies breaking something)... but the "Save as PDF" (as well as the Publishing section) all exbihit this exact issue and I can't seem to get around it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this issue was with Fm 2019 and nearly a year ago, you might want to start a new thread so we can address your specific build of FrameMaker (15.0.8 or 16.0.2) and whether you have the Adobe PDF print driver installed.

That info will help track down the issue, and a new thread will be easier to follow than this (older) thread.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt, I posted in this thread as we're running 2019 (specifically 15.0.1.430). I realise that's not the latest version of the release, so I've put a request through my company's IT department to try to get an update to the latest 2019 stable version.

I'm just curious what people found that resolved this issue in the 2019 release (i.e. did the latest 15.x build resolve it?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fair enough!

Do you have the (required) Adobe PDF driver installed? If not, see the Repair option in Acrobat to reinstall.

If you do have the required driver, I suggest you install the free 15.0.8 update on a test machine or VM to rule out your out of date version as the cause.

Ditto for installing the 30-day trial of 16.0.2.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A number of corporate IT systems have recently (summer of 2021) turned off printer spooling in response to a vulnerability that came out this year. You may be running into that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines