Highlighted

FrameMaker 2019 not converting landscape pages properly

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since upgrading to FrameMaker 2019, we have experienced issued when converting files with landscaped pages to PDF. When using the Save as PDF command, the content of the page is fine, but the header and footer text on the page is rotated and garbled. Printing to PDF solves this issues for single files. However, when we convert a book containing files with landscaped pages, it becomes problematic. Some books are too large to use the Print to PDF command, and replacing sections of the PDF rotates and moves the link boxes. Will a fix be coming for this issue? We did not have this problem with our last version of FrameMaker.

Views

294

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

FrameMaker 2019 not converting landscape pages properly

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since upgrading to FrameMaker 2019, we have experienced issued when converting files with landscaped pages to PDF. When using the Save as PDF command, the content of the page is fine, but the header and footer text on the page is rotated and garbled. Printing to PDF solves this issues for single files. However, when we convert a book containing files with landscaped pages, it becomes problematic. Some books are too large to use the Print to PDF command, and replacing sections of the PDF rotates and moves the link boxes. Will a fix be coming for this issue? We did not have this problem with our last version of FrameMaker.

Views

295

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 30, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you all patched up? There were some PDF fixes in patch 2 (IIRC) - you might also try the PDF creation route via the Publishing pod for the new faster method of PDFing.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Reply
Loading...
Jan 30, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

 

I just updated my version of FrameMaker 2019 becuase I have this same issue but it has not been fixed. Any suggestions on fixing it?

 

Erika

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Reply
Loading...
Sep 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(removed, as system duplicated the reply)

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Reply
Loading...
Sep 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Jeff...the better approach is to use the Publish panel, especially since the PDF engine is again improved in Fm 2020.

It sounds like the file might be corrupt. Try saving as MIF and then reopening in Fm. If that doesn't work, try pasting the content into a "new" Fm doc and retest.

 

Let us know what you find.

 

-Matt

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Reply
Loading...
Sep 17, 2020 0
dauphinb LATEST
Participant ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My group's standard process uses Print Selected Files for PDF generation anyway, but recently I was experimenting with the Publishing pod and got exactly the same problem reported in the OP. We're probably a couple patches behind (because our byzantine corporate IT environment makes timely updates difficult; we're on FM2019, BTW), but I see another person has reported the same problem with a fully patched-up implementation. I tried this with a couple different files, all of which behave perfectly normally in other respects, so I question whether file corruption is the issue.

 

I'm interested to see if anyone has an answer: If so, I might revisit incorporating the Publishing pod into our workflow (which predates the existence of the Publishing pod!).

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Reply
Loading...
Sep 18, 2020 0