• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker 2019 troubles with html5 publishing

Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I the only one to have troubles with the html5 publishing from FrameMaker 2019?. I am running win7 64, and the latest update of FrameMaker 2019, and I have just spent three hours watching my documents slowly disintegrate, What started as a couple of documents with some mp4's embedded and an, almost, working publishing to html5, has ended in corrupted documents where nothing really works. Videos disappear from the published files and program starts crashing and making strange errors. Underways I have tried doing all the common magic. Deleting preferences. Deleting exported files. Mifwashing etc.

I can't figure out what is happening and it seems the only solution is rebuilding everything from scratch and hope the process does not repeat. I wonder... can this kind of trouble be caused by running Win 7, as opposed to Win10?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

I finally made FrameMaker 2019 behave correctly when publishing to HTML5.

So for those of you out there facing the samme difficulties, here is a Cookbook which has helped me:

1: FrameMaker 2019 has trouble with clearing memory. That means:

2: Before you attempt to publish as html5 - clear memory of *.tmp files. Do a search on C: and delete what *.tmp you are allowed to delete.

3: Delete all *.lck files which may prevent FrameMaker from opening and saving those files.

4: Delete or move what prior HMTL

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Sorry to hear the issue you are facing. Can you share the files with us to debug it? I have sent you a Private Message, please reply to it with your files and we will test it and connect with you soon.

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally made FrameMaker 2019 behave correctly when publishing to HTML5.

So for those of you out there facing the samme difficulties, here is a Cookbook which has helped me:

1: FrameMaker 2019 has trouble with clearing memory. That means:

2: Before you attempt to publish as html5 - clear memory of *.tmp files. Do a search on C: and delete what *.tmp you are allowed to delete.

3: Delete all *.lck files which may prevent FrameMaker from opening and saving those files.

4: Delete or move what prior HMTL5 publishings you may have done, so FrameMaker does not have to overwrite them.

5: Clear cache in your webbrowser

6: Make sure that FrameMaker is not missing fonts when you open documents

7: Do the publishing to HTML5. BUT before you do the next iteration of your publishing - close and restart FrameMaker.

8: Keep an eye on the *.tmp files and delete them often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Fm processing can get hung up on dialogs and missing resources, if you open all files (preferably addressing any missing resource dialogs) and you update your book (and address any book error log messages) you should have excellent results in processing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are changing quite a few things with all outputs (including HTML5 and other as well). But thats for FMNEXT release and will not be in an update.

Thanks

Amitoj Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your cookbook is really helpful, but can this actually be considered a usable workaround? I mean, surely there'll have to be a hotfix released or something. Does Adobe consider this an acceptable workflow in 2019?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines