• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Framemaker 2019 windows 10 S mode

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a new laptop with Windows 10 in S mode. As I understand it, I will have to get out of S mode to download and install FrameMaker 2019. However, I also understand that I will have to upgrade Windows 10 to 64-bit before installing. Has anybody had this experience? If so, any pointers would be helpful. Also, did FrameMaker 2019 run well after you installed it?

Thanks,

Allen

TOPICS
Installation and licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a 32 bit version of FM 2019 you know. You still should install it as an Admin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but I am currently running the 64-bit app and the people I work for are too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For those that hadn't heard of Windows 10 "S mode", apparently originally "Windows 10S", it's an Apple-like walled garden mode:

• only allows installs from the MS Windows App Store
  • locks you into Edge browser
  • locks you into Bing as default search engine
  • has other restrictions as well

Since FM is presumably not on the App Store, S Mode has to be disabled to install it, and apparently, once disabled, cannot be re-enabled.

This is all a separate matter from 32- and 64-bit issues. Unless I'm mistaken, FM/32 can run on either Win10/32 or Win10/64, but FM/64 can only run on Win10/64 (and this would apply to any app/64).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines