• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker 2019 won't open past splash screen

Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the trial edition of FrameMaker 2019 onto two different computers (with two different valid FrameMaker subscriptions) to upgrade the accounts from 2017 to 2019. On the first computer, everything works fine (Laptop, Windows 10 Pro, i7), but on the other computer (Desktop, Windows 10 Home, i7) it won't open past the splash screen. It makes it all the way to "Password" on the splash screen, then crashes. What can I do to get the trial to open so I can upgrade the account?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Give the FM guys a buzz at tcssup@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was it installed as a local admin? Have you tried renaming the c:\users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Framemaker\15 folder? If all else fails, contact Adobe Support - install issues are usually a freebie call/e-mail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try renaming the Framemaker\15 folder. I will try to install as admin next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Running as Administrator did not change anything. It still goes as far as "Password" and crashes instead of opening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give the FM guys a buzz at tcssup@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encountered the splash screen roadblock back in September/early October & worked with  tcssup@adobe.com - they identified the problem as a system cache issue. Clearing system cache should resolve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cleared the system cache, but that did not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Consult  tcssup@adobe.com​ - they should be able to help you resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines