• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Framemaker 2020 - Conditional Tags provided that cannot be deleted

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I loaded Framemaker 2020 and everything is going smoothly except the following two conditional tags are provided by default:

• FM_PDF_Comments_Highlight
  • FM_PDF_Comments_Underline

Since I use conditional tags all the time for my work, the last thing I want is two more tags. However, no matter how hard I try, I cannot get rid of these two. I delete them, they seem to be gone, save the file, but when I open the file again they are there again. Does anyone know how to permanently get rid of them. I have lots of manuals and I do not want them in every file in every manual.   thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are used internally by FrameMaker so they likely cannot be deleted. They should be hidden though, and I would consider it a bug if you can see them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

These conditions are used for the Track Text Edits feature.

I also do not like these conditions. And I also do not know, how they could be hidden.

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never heard of any default conditional tags being included. If you create a brand new .fm doc based on one of the default FM templates, are they there too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my own set of templates, however I just created a document from Framemakers doc template and those two tags mentioned in my original message are there along with the Comment tag. The Comment tag was also added to my files, but that one could be deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I never use the Track Changes thing, so I've not run into them before. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So does Adobe read these items and then fix this bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some Adobe engineers follow this forum and also post something here. However, you cannot rely on this. Therefore it's very good, when you created a bug report.

When others vote for this bug, Adobe might fix this faster.

https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/FRMAKER-9622

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope - go to the Tracker & log a request/bug - Tracker (https://tracker.adobe.com/)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know I have ruthlessly deleted these definitions when I've had to use .mif to tidy up other things … but can't remember whether FM then tidily reinstates them. Can't check at the moment, because recent firewall changes have blocked our access to Adobe licence servers for long enough that I now have to reinstall FM completely. <sigh>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked this. When I deleted the FM_PDF_Comments_Highlight condition in the MIF file with Notepad++ and opened the MIF file with FrameMaker, the condition was still there.

However, there are also conditions like these:

FM8_TRACK_CHANGES_DELETED

And these are not shown in the list of conditions. Therefore it should be possible to hide these conditions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They've always been there but not visible until FM2020. I complained about it on the Beta forum but it did not good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did go ahead and put in a bug in Adobe's tracker for this. Hopefully it will get fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give us a link so we can vote for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OMG, I thought it was just me going crazy. Voted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines