Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker 2020 with DITA output to PDF issues

Participant ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings everyone,

We're working in FrameMaker 2020, using DITA. I have distributed the settings file to all members of the team and we keep an up-to-date version in SVN. Nonetheless, when other team members attempt to produce PDF output using the setting file I distributed, they are getting different output results. For example, I have modified the ditafm-output.ini file (also distributed) to present figure titles above the figures. In the output my team mates produce, it defaults to the figure title under the image and does not number the figure.

My output works as I have designed and coded, but the rest of the team seems to be having trouble producing the same result.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

We've reloaded the settings file, updated the ini files, and updated the EDD and template files on our computers, but the problem persists.

Any pointers are welcome!

Wanda

TOPICS
PDF output , Publishing , Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Hi Wanda,

I hope other team members are also using the same version of FrameMaker as you are using 
Output templates are embedded in sts itself, ditafm-output.ini should be updated at "%appdata%\Adobe\FrameMaker\16" on every system and similarly EDD in respective installer folder. 

After verifying the above things if you still face issues then Adobe would be happy to help you, You can mail me and we will get back to you 

-Pulkit Nagpal

punagpal@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Wanda,

I hope other team members are also using the same version of FrameMaker as you are using 
Output templates are embedded in sts itself, ditafm-output.ini should be updated at "%appdata%\Adobe\FrameMaker\16" on every system and similarly EDD in respective installer folder. 

After verifying the above things if you still face issues then Adobe would be happy to help you, You can mail me and we will get back to you 

-Pulkit Nagpal

punagpal@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines