Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker 9 - Docking Difficulties

Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2009 Sep 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

We were running a bit of orientation on our newly-purchased  FrameMaker 9 this morning and found that one of our computers couldn't dock items on the right.

We did the following, pretty much in this order:

Opened a book file and promptly docked that stack (?) on the left edge of the workspace.

Opened the Graphics toolbar and then the Paragraph and Character catalogs and docked them (click+drag until you see the blue line, let go) into a pod (?)

Docked the new pod on the right edge of the workspace.

Then we opened one of the files in the book and docked it at the top where it filled the area.

As we went through the orientation I found myself unable to dock anything on the right edge of the workspace. I could dock the book (or pretty much anything else) on the left.

I noticed that if I docked the document, then it filled everything and I couldn't dock the pods on the right, so I undocked the document and tried docking the previously created pod (?) on the right, but they wouldn't. We tried openign up toolbars and the like and none of them would dock.

I wasn't present for the beginning of the class and so didn't go through exactly the same steps as the others. As the keyboarder in our clan I figure I must have typed a forbidden key combination and changed a setting or something, but between the lot of us (self-taught instructor included), we were unable to solve this.

The help tells how to dock things, somewhat, but not about any settings that may affect it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Solon

PS - I LOVE the new scrolling capability. I lament the loss of my cherished Alt+W, then type the number of the document to navigate between them. WHY must I go through Ctrl+Tab,Tab,Tab??  eh.. not much different from cycling through sections of a Windows GUI  🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 01, 2009 Sep 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solon,

You might want to have a look through the videos on the new interface for some more clues:

http://www.adobe.com/designcenter/framemaker/videos/Workspaces_demo/ba_workspaces_demo.swf

https://admin.adobe.acrobat.com/_a295153/p17912987/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2009 Sep 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arnis,

Excellent, thanks!

Solon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have run into this same or similar problem a number of times and the only solution that works for me is to open the paragraph or character designer, which will be docked on the right, then add the other items to that section. (Framemaker 12)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines