Highlighted

Framemaker cant write the file F:/ or C:/

Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cant write to file.png

I am still getting this error in framemaker, the only fix is to close the file and reopen and re-save . so far it seems to only be this file but i will know soon when i begin saving other files. Anyone have any other ideas? it happens when saving to C:/ or F:/ Drive

TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Framemaker cant write the file F:/ or C:/

Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cant write to file.png

I am still getting this error in framemaker, the only fix is to close the file and reopen and re-save . so far it seems to only be this file but i will know soon when i begin saving other files. Anyone have any other ideas? it happens when saving to C:/ or F:/ Drive

TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you runninig FM with full admin rights? Do you have full admin rights to the external SSD drive?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 1
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of FM (and point release)?
What Windows version?
What are you doing when that happens (it looks like the sort of temp file created for Publish).
C:\ is surprising. Is this a local physical PC, or a virtual machine on a server somewhere?

Then we get to: what and where is F:\ ?

I've been running FM on PC with multiple "drives" since FM3, and never had a problem. My current machine has C:\, J:\ and K:\ drives, on two different local SSDs, and there are no issues with .fm files on any of them.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2020-11-03 09_06_55-WelcomeScreen.png2020-11-03 09_08_17-WelcomeScreen.png

2020-11-03 09_12_11-System Information.png

I have full admin rights, i am currently saving to documents circled above, i was saving to F drive. One thing i forgot was i was using a different emploees samsung ssd drive, i transfered this file to the documents folder. then resaved it on my samsung ssd drive. I wonder if this caused some conflict with the file. i attached some screenshots above, what are your thoughts on this desktop for performance for using framemaker.

This is my tower pc, its connected to a network but im not saving the files to a network .

F:/ Is a samsung portable T5 1tb SSD

C:/ -Documents folder on the pc its self

Thanks,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would try creating a brand new file, enter some lorsum ipsum placeholder text, maybe an image or 2, and then save it to F:\ - see how it behaves. There may be something flaky with the SSD or your problem project file. A fresh file behaving fine might indicate an issue with the real file - in which case, a MIF-wash may be advised.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so far its just that one file, also the ssd drive is brand new, been used for under 1 week. It seemed when i get renaming the file i was still geting problems but i will try this again. I switched off that file onto a different project for now. i will update this case with more details soon

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2020 0