Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Framemaker - Continuing Pagination Problems

Participant ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

This is an issue I've experienced in the past, and the solution I received previously now does not work. Here's the issue:

I'm working in a FrameMaker Book. There are extra pages that I need to delete a page in three of the book files. The pagination will not update. At all. Here's what I've done so far:

1) Set the pages to single-sided (the pages will appear single-sided when I print). 

2) Opened the book file. Deleted everything on the last page (master page)

3) Set master page usage style of the page I'm deleting to "none."

4) Selected "Format, Document, Delete Pages"

5) Seletected "Format, Page Layout, Pagination" then "Delete Empty Pages" in the "Before Saving and Printing" dropdown. 

6) Pages are deleted in every conceivable form I can think of deleting a page in FM. 

7) Right click on the file in the book and select "Numbering" then "Continue Numbering from Previous Chapter in Book." The page does not continue numbering, but maintains the same page number before I deleted the page

8) (This is probably the same step as 7) Select "Format" then "document" then "numbering." Then select "Continue Numbering from Previous Chapter in Book." It does nothing. 

9) If I click "Update Book," the book not only does NOT update the page, it re-inserts the pages I previously deleted! 

Any thoughts? I've been unable (as usual) to find any answers to this online. 

Thanks.

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

After you have removed the blank pages in the book window, did you try selecting the files in the body of the book in the book window, and then with the book window active, right-clicking the selected files > Page Layout > Pagination > Don't Change Page Count. Then update your book. Does that do it?

Or more simply, just right-click the selected files > Page Layout > Pagination > Delete empty pages, again at the book level. Update your book.

Pagination and Numbering should be handled at the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you have removed the blank pages in the book window, did you try selecting the files in the body of the book in the book window, and then with the book window active, right-clicking the selected files > Page Layout > Pagination > Don't Change Page Count. Then update your book. Does that do it?

Or more simply, just right-click the selected files > Page Layout > Pagination > Delete empty pages, again at the book level. Update your book.

Pagination and Numbering should be handled at the book level, and not in the document level.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. That appears to have worked. Thank you! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome!

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines