This is an issue I've experienced in the past, and the solution I received previously now does not work. Here's the issue:
I'm working in a FrameMaker Book. There are extra pages that I need to delete a page in three of the book files. The pagination will not update. At all. Here's what I've done so far:
1) Set the pages to single-sided (the pages will appear single-sided when I print).
2) Opened the book file. Deleted everything on the last page (master page)
3) Set master page usage style of the page I'm deleting to "none."
4) Selected "Format, Document, Delete Pages"
5) Seletected "Format, Page Layout, Pagination" then "Delete Empty Pages" in the "Before Saving and Printing" dropdown.
6) Pages are deleted in every conceivable form I can think of deleting a page in FM.
7) Right click on the file in the book and select "Numbering" then "Continue Numbering from Previous Chapter in Book." The page does not continue numbering, but maintains the same page number before I deleted the page
8) (This is probably the same step as 7) Select "Format" then "document" then "numbering." Then select "Continue Numbering from Previous Chapter in Book." It does nothing.
9) If I click "Update Book," the book not only does NOT update the page, it re-inserts the pages I previously deleted!
Any thoughts? I've been unable (as usual) to find any answers to this online.
After you have removed the blank pages in the book window, did you try selecting the files in the body of the book in the book window, and then with the book window active, right-clicking the selected files > Page Layout > Pagination > Don't Change Page Count. Then update your book. Does that do it?
Or more simply, just right-click the selected files > Page Layout > Pagination > Delete empty pages, again at the book level. Update your book.
Pagination and Numbering should be handled at the book level, and not in the document level.
Yes. That appears to have worked. Thank you! 🙂