Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker could not find Adobe PDF Printer

Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

FrameMaker downloaded via Creative Cloud on Aug. 7th and installed on the same day.

OS is Windows 10.

When I opened a book file in FrameMaker and want to "Save as PDF", it always failed.

The error message is :

framemaker_pdf.JPG

I have tried solution 1 in Adobe PDF printer is missing | Manually install PDF printer​ . It didn't work.

And for solution 2, I couldn't find  Documents\*.pdf (Adobe PDF) in the drop-down list.

The following picture shows the content of distiller.zip in the FrameMaker_15_x64_LREFDJ(1) zip file I downloaded.

framemaker_distiller.JPG

I only have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (not Pro), I'd like to know if this error comes from only having Acrobat Reader DC instead of Pro DC?

Looking forward to your replies and help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Hi changm98205895:

I'd recommend reaching out to the Adobe Tech Comm team at  techcomm@adobe.com to see if they can help with the installation issue.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2019 Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi changm98205895:

FrameMaker downloaded via Creative Cloud on Aug. 7th and installed on the same day.

Purchasing and installing Adobe Acrobat Pro DC will solve this issue (free if you actually have a Creative Cloud subscription as per your question—but note that FrameMaker is not part of the Creative Cloud so perhaps you meant you downloaded it from Adobe's server).

However, when you install FrameMaker, if no copy of Acrobat is installed, the FrameMaker installer creates an Adobe PDF printer driver instance for use of FrameMaker to create PDF. Since that doesn't appear to have happened, you might try uninstalling FrameMaker and re-install it, carefully reading each alert box that pops up, and choosing yes when asked about installing the PDF printer driver.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I downloaded the FM from a link Adobe sent me via email after my company purchased it. It was not through creative cloud, a mistake I made in last post.

I uninstall FM and re-install again. But there was no alert boxes at all. And I sill couldn't do "Save book as PDF".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi changm98205895:

I'd recommend reaching out to the Adobe Tech Comm team at  techcomm@adobe.com to see if they can help with the installation issue.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reached out to Adobe Technical Communication <techcomm@adobe.com> and with their help this problem is solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great news! What was the issue?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I guess the problem was with the PDF distiller since they helped me update the distiller.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines