• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Framemaker crashes after PDF generation?

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2019 Mar 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Framemaker crashes everytime I generate a PDF from my book. Has anyone else seen that?

The files are saved before so data is not lost per se, but annoyingly recovery files from the past are potentially picked up after restoring the session.

Windows 10 (unfortunately) and latest rev of the framemaker source (15.0.0.393). I've tried to send the dmp files to framemaker, but they have blocked bug reporting through e-mail.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try and update FM version you are having. We have just released update 3 ( should be available by Monday, 04/01) or so.

thanks

Amitoj Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, thanks for the tip Amitoj. I tried installing the new update and indeed it seems more robust. I'll report if it comes back.

For the forum: Previous issue I experienced:

Book with 20-odd files

Edit, update, save all.

Publish book to PDF

Save all files

Crash.

Now, the crash part seems to be gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines