• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker crashes when replacing text/graphics

Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am updating a medium-sized document. I need to correct the size of a drawing placed on a graphic. After changing about 10 instances, FrameMaker locks up. It shows garbage characters and locks. Sometimes I'm able to save my updates before I end the task, sometimes not. Due to this happening, I've frequently been saving, but saving the document does not prevent the locking.

A similar issue had been happening in Frame 2015 and the previous level. I had hoped that it had gotten fixed - but maybe it hadn't been reported?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What graphic format are you placing into your doc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a .jpg screen capture in an anchored frame and then we draw a rounded rectangle to highlight a portion of the screen. I was trying to change the properties of that rounded rectangle on multiple images.

I found a quicker way to accomplish this by simply correcting one of the rectangles and then copying and pasting it to the other screens. It worked quicker and Frame did not crash.

I have had previous issues with Frame crashing from doing repeated search  & replace tasks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, I'd recommend that you use something other than JPG for screen captures. Look at solid color areas and high contrast color shifts to see where JPG compression is hurting the quality of the image, relative to PNG, or even most GIFs. File size for screen caps should be roughly the same (or at least the difference is negligible for most folks)

Interesting that you see it happen when working on rounded rectangles, and congrats on finding a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Matt. I appreciate your time and suggestions. (It's nice to see you here - I value your knowledge.)  Working with .jpgs is what I inherited (along with many other issues). I'm not in a position where I can suggest a change, so that's not a viable solution for me currently. We do use some .png files, but not many compared to the use of .jpgs.

I would like to get around using the rounded rectangle also, but that's not an option either. (big sigh, back to work :-)).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines