• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker crashing on Windows 8

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2016 Jun 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FrameMaker 11 was crashing on my new Windows 8.1 laptop, so I upgraded to FrameMaker 13 (2015), but the problem only got worse. I can usually work in 1 file successfully, but if I open a second file, I get this error with no option but to close the program: . I've checked for viruses and nothing but the laptop and Windows has changed. Is there something in Windows 8.1 causing this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2016 Jun 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8.1 is supported: FrameMaker System Requirements

How about the other system requirements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2016 Jun 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only system requirement I haven’t verified yet is the Video Card…but would that cause Frame to completely shut down? All other system requirements are over-qualified. Any other suggestions? Can anyone tell me if this error is coming from Windows or from FrameMaker?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2016 Jun 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s a Windows error – did you install FM2015 with full admin rights?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I re-installed FM2015 and I didn't see any choices for Admin rights. How do I "install with full admin rights"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Log in rights to your workstation should be an Admin user; right-click and run the installer as an Admin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines