• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker document with imported PDF file cannot print as PDF

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported a PDF file into a FrameMaker document. When I now try to save the document as a PDF or print it as PDF, FrameMaker starts to load and continues to load without anything happening. Adobe Distiller does not open.

The same problem occurs when importing similair PDF files.

When my colleagues save as PDF the same FrameMaker document on their computer, it works fine.

When I save as PDF a FrameMaker document without an imported PDF file, it works fine.

When I save as PDF a FrameMaker document with an imported PDF file that I created myself in Word, it works fine.

I tried different PDF settings, Adobe PDF as default printer, deselecting "Generate Acrobat Data", I tried both "Save as PDF" and the Adobe printer, I tried moving the documents to local hard drives and I tried optimizing the PDF file. Nothing made a difference.

We have FrameMaker 2015 and Windows 10.

Would be great if anyone could offer advice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the same doc & PDF are working fine on other machines, but not yours, then your instance has the issue. So what's different about your machine vs theirs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My computer:

- Processor: Intel Core i7-7820HQ CPU @ 2.90 GHz

- RAM: 16.0 GB

- DELL

My colleauge's Computer:

- Processor: Intel Core i5-3380M CPU @ 2.90 GHz

- RAM: 8.0 GB

- HP

Otherwise, there does not seem to be much difference. Both Windows 10. Mine is new.

I now let it run for an hour or so and it worked. PDF file was correctly created.

Still, it takes way to much time. The file isn't that big and like I said on my colleauges' computers it's way faster. Probably under a minute.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines