Highlighted

FrameMaker for DITA … not an encouraging start

Advisor ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After decades as a happy and committed FM user, and slightly longer (though not continuously) working with structured content, I keep thinking "really ought to have another go at using FM for DITA". Triumph of hope over experience? Here's this afternoon's brick wall: File > New > Dita > map gives me a new map where I can't even work out how to set the title =8-/ click? double-click? right-click? none of the above …

uneditable map titleuneditable map title

It's bad form, of course, to draw direct comparisons … but in my day-to-day DITA environment, File > New  > Map and the cursor is ready for me to start typing the title.

So, what am I missing? give me some hints on how to set the title for my new map, and then I can go wild trying to insert a couple of children.

Please click on the 5th icon (Document View) to start working with tile and other metadata as required.

Thanks

Amitoj Singh

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

FrameMaker for DITA … not an encouraging start

Advisor ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After decades as a happy and committed FM user, and slightly longer (though not continuously) working with structured content, I keep thinking "really ought to have another go at using FM for DITA". Triumph of hope over experience? Here's this afternoon's brick wall: File > New > Dita > map gives me a new map where I can't even work out how to set the title =8-/ click? double-click? right-click? none of the above …

uneditable map titleuneditable map title

It's bad form, of course, to draw direct comparisons … but in my day-to-day DITA environment, File > New  > Map and the cursor is ready for me to start typing the title.

So, what am I missing? give me some hints on how to set the title for my new map, and then I can go wild trying to insert a couple of children.

Please click on the 5th icon (Document View) to start working with tile and other metadata as required.

Thanks

Amitoj Singh

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 11, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Amitoj Singh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 0
Advisor ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha! that does the trick … and after a bit more exploration (since it isn't the fifth icon any more to get back) I discover the menu options View > Document view and View > Switch to tree view. The syntax of the two commands doesn't match, nor do the shortcuts Esc, d, v and Esc, r, m – but I'm pleased to have located the functionality. Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 12, 2020 0