• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker Internal Error 12044, 16682676, 16682970, 19627365

Participant ,
Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been running the same files through frame for months now. Today I got an out of memory error after saving a PDF, then I started getting the above Internal Error.

Now I am totally screwed. I can't open any .FM files. I can open .book files but if I can't edit the .fm, I can't do anything. I tried the same book as when it crashed, I tried a different book, I tried just opening various FM files that I didn't touch today. I rebooted. I cleared out the roaming profile. Nothing works, just this same error message.

I sent in the crash to support but I am needing to get back to work.

Suggestions? Reinstall? Buy some other product and convince everyone working in my committees to do the same?

**Mac Studio M2 Max** Sonoma (14.4), 32GB/1TB (system/catalog), Photos stored on QNAP all SSD volume connected via 10GbE
**Raw images** Sony A7R - A7RV, A7C (24 MPix), a6700, Sony NEX-7, various Canon DSLRs and G series
**Displays** 2x BenQ SW271C (4K, USB-C)
**Printer** Epson SureColor SC-P800

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And this is 12.0.4, updated last week.

**Mac Studio M2 Max** Sonoma (14.4), 32GB/1TB (system/catalog), Photos stored on QNAP all SSD volume connected via 10GbE
**Raw images** Sony A7R - A7RV, A7C (24 MPix), a6700, Sony NEX-7, various Canon DSLRs and G series

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your system TEMP area and clean it out. FM writes lots of stuff there and if this running low on space, FM can start having hissy-fits.

What operating system are you using and how much actual physical memory and paging space do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TEMP points to a directory on a drive with 224GB free space.

Windows 10 pro

16GB physical memory

16GB paging (system managed)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem to have more than enough resources to handle things, but I wonder about Windows 10 in the mix. FM12 hasn't been certified for it yet, so that may be a contributing factor. I'll see if I can ping one of the engineers to check in here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, yeah, blame the new guy . I have been running FM12 on Windows 10 for the past year - since last July. (Part of my job at the formerly evil empire.). I have another machine in my office that also runs Win10+FM12 and that seems to still be working. This machine (home) was working until today and in fact was working fine this morning. I did a ton of editing on .fm and one .book files, was able to do an Update Book, and even spit out a PDF.Then I hit an "out of memory condition" which is pretty much BS, Adobe someday should learn how virtual memory works and stop trying to second-guess the OS. Or stop leaking memory.

I can't rule out very recent updates pushed by MS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the reboot didn't clear it, then something may have gotten borked with some of the files - FM was quite twitchy with the Lingusitics folder in the past [you had to delete it if FM started crashing and it would rebuild on the next boot] . Even FM2015 isn't certified for Win10 yet and the beta is still is open for that aspect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines