• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker is getting hung up on the create PDF step

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running FrameMaker v14.0.0.361 and whenever I try and create a pdf file it gets hung up.  I end up having to kill the application through task manager and try again but nothing seems to get me through my issue. I have limited access to my laptop and being able to change system settings. This is a new version for me but not new to this laptop. The laptop is new and came with this version of FrameMaker. That's probably not relevant but I thought I would share.

I'm running Windows 7 and have 16gb of RAM.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First update yourself with the new patch that just came out - then if it's still not working, have a look at the doc(s) you are trying to turn into PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In my experience, unless Windows tells you that Fm has crashed...it hasn't.

Of course, that doesn't mean you have the time or patience necessary to let it finish the processing. I've had numerous jobs complete after 6 or more hours of processing. Worse, I've had the process complete, but then had Fm locked for an hour or more after the processing is finished, and I've accessed the resulting PDF.

To avoid these headaches, see FrameMaker PDF Tips and Tricks - Tech Comm Tools

2 points that I'm updating in this article today:

1. If you're still getting hung up after following these guidelines, avoid the Save as PDF function, and instead use File > Print to print to .ps file and then process the file via Acrobat Distiller.
  2. If submitting PDF for on-demand printing (I use Ingram Spark) you may need to produce PDF/X-1a 2001, and you may need to disable font subsetting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines