FrameMaker PDF

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. When I PDF - when I PDF an individual frame file the bookmarks work correctly. When I PDF the book file, the individual file that created the bookmarks correctly are now incorrect. For example, in individual file the subheadings appear but in the book PDF file, in that same chaper the subheadings do not appear. In the individual file, I did add the particular style to the PDF Set Up.

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Randi:

What version of FrameMaker are you using?

And in the book file, have you selected Format > Document > PDF Setup > Bookmarks to define the bookmark requirements for the book?

~Barb 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barb.

Version 16.0.0

Yep I did do the PDF Set Up. I notice tho when I highlight the book file, and go to PDF Set up - the particular style I'm looking for is not there. It is in the individual frame file. Hope this makes sense.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Randi,

I had noticed this as well with my books. The paragraph format must be present in the first file of the book. Then update the book. Then you can select this paragraph format in the PDF bookmark settings.

However, when I just tried to repeat this with a new book and new files, the paragraph formats were always present in the book, although one of them was NOT present in the first file.

Possibly this is something which happens only with files or books which were created with previous FM versions.

Anyway, just copy the paragraph format into the first file. Update the book. Then you should be able to select this paragraph format as bookmark.

Best regards

Winfried

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Randi:

If the book window is active and you open up the PDF set up dialog box you will see a list of all of the styles that are in any of the chapters in the book. So you're saying that the style that you need is not appearing there, but it is in a individual chapter that is part of the book?

• Are using a hierarchical book—using folders or groups—or are all the chapters at the same level?
  • Is the style that you are looking for in the paragraph catalog in the individual file? (If not, add it. Styles can "lurk" in a file but not appear in the catalog.)
  • Is the file format for that file v16? On that note, 16.0.0 was the first release. Try updating to the current patch: 16.0.1.187 with Help > Updates.

~Barb

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barb.

Yes when I highlight the book, then PDF Set Up the style I'm looking for does not show up in the Don't Include box for me to move over to the Include box. The style does appear in the individual frame file and it also appears in the paragraph catalog. I will go ahead and do the update to see if that helps. The strange thing is it does work in other frame documents (book files).

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so I would:

• Update to the current patch.
  • Open the book.
  • Open the problem file and save it.
  • Update the book and TOC.
  • Look again for the missing style.

Other ideas:

• Save the problem file as MIF 2020. Then save again as Document 2020. Update the book and TOC.
  • Recreate the book file from scratch.

~Barb 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines