Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Framemaker version 15 release 19 - Conditional Texting

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

My query is related to the conditioning text on the source file. The previous writer was working on an older release. The product document is in two platforms; online and PDF. After the writer left, there was less time for transition. Now, if I am starting to work on the existing source files to update the content, I can see that the conditioning tags are now removed from the content, though the pod is showing all the tags created by previous writers to publish the online help and PDF. The pain is to tag every tag based on the published condition.

I don't know how to pull the tagged content so that I need not to apply tags again for the whole document.

Regards.

Prabhat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, what version of FM are you using & what are you trying to do? Neither is very clear. Are you trying to remove conditions or add them back in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @prabhats26154948:

If the tags are still visible in the Condition Tags panel, it is probably worth double checking that they were really removed and not just hidden. Open View > Show/Hide Conditional Text. Enable Show All and Show Condition Indicators and click Apply. 

If they were really removed, the next thing I would do is look long and hard for a copy of the document with the tags still assigned. If that's not available, the only remaining option is to reassign them (and I assume reenter the content that was likely removed at the same time).

There are three keyboard shortcuts that you may find helpful:

• Ctrl 4 allows you to assign one tag from a selection.
  • Ctrl 5 allows you to remove one tag from a selection.
  • Ctrl 6 removes all tags from a selection.

I find the shortcuts quicker than using the panel. 

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines