• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker with Sharepoint CMS, getting HTTP error suddenly

Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, this issue is kind  of strange: at our company, we've established Sharepoint as a CMS solution for FrameMaker. It has been functioning fairly well so far (abysmal file access "speed" aside). Yesterday, our IT department deactivated TLS 1.0 support, and all of a sudden, I can't connect to Sharepoint anymore from within FrameMaker. I'm getting an HTTP error message (can't give you the exact message text in plain English, because it's actually in German 🤷‍:female_sign:). Anyway, it's mentioning a possible certificate error, possibly because of HTTPS not being properly configured with HTTP SYS.

Noone here has been able to solve the problem so far, and I am simply unable to do any serious work right now. Downloading everything file by file to my laptop obviously isn't the greatest workaround for documents that contain hundreds of referenced images.

I'd be really grateful for any ideas about possible solutions. Adobe have dropped TLS 1.0 and 1.1 support in 2018, so please don't tell me FrameMaker is still relying on TLS 1.0. 🙈😅

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Alex

TOPICS
CMS , Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Never mind, it's gone. Today, our Sharepoint was down completely for half an hour, and after it went back online, the issue had vanished. Probably some messed up server config they fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Never mind, it's gone. Today, our Sharepoint was down completely for half an hour, and after it went back online, the issue had vanished. Probably some messed up server config they fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines