Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker XML training

Contributor ,
Jul 12, 2016 Jul 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was asked if I can help Structured FrameMaker XML training, but perused the Adobe site and came up short.

I believe the ask is for template creation, EDD, rules, and round tripping XML using FM 15. That's more than I can comfortably do, but feels like a  4-day course from someone who has the process down.

USA/Canada is the location and in-class preferred over Web.

Thoughts? Links?

Cheers,

Sean

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 13, 2016 Jul 13, 2016

Hi Sean,

On the east coast, check out Alan Houser for structured FM training. See: Group Wellesley, Inc. | Technical Communication Tools, Technologies, and Best Practices  and About | Group Wellesley, Inc.  I've worked with Alan on contracts at Front Runner Training.

If you want to venture out of country, there's also Bernard Aschwanden ( Publishing Smarter  ) here in the Toronto Area.

Regards,

Arnis

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2016 Jul 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sean! I've sent several of my past unstructured Fm students to David Creamer at IDEAS Training in San Diego for structured training—they've all be happy.

IDEAS Authorized Training for Adobe, Quark, and FileMaker Home Page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 13, 2016 Jul 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Barb. I found that site through Google but gave up on it for several reasons (for example, it seemed clear that FrameMaker training was not available).

Thanks for posting, though, because it does seem that they do provide structured FrameMaker training. I will pass the info along.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sean:

I thought I saw a structured class listed on David's site the first week of August. He's like me, and does a lot of CC apps along with Fm. Those CC apps have a much larger installation base, so that's where we make our $$. Fm training is more of an act of love, these days.

At any rate, here is the current list of Fm ACIs (worldwide!):

Adobe Partner Finder | Adobe Training & Certification

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"An act of love" LOL. Understood.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sean,

On the east coast, check out Alan Houser for structured FM training. See: Group Wellesley, Inc. | Technical Communication Tools, Technologies, and Best Practices  and About | Group Wellesley, Inc.  I've worked with Alan on contracts at Front Runner Training.

If you want to venture out of country, there's also Bernard Aschwanden ( Publishing Smarter  ) here in the Toronto Area.

Regards,

Arnis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Arnis. I know Bernard and Alan, and East Coast/Canada is good. I'll pass the info along.

Cheers,

Sean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines