Exit

framemaker12 made huge pdf

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

takashi here

I am trying to create outer frame with framemaker and inner image is importing pdf file, finally I want to create new pdf file.

But now I got problem with new PDF file...

inner pdf is around 5MB but output pdf is about 50MB.

I would like to know why output image is like this big size, and also I would like to know make the output pdf smaller.

if you have any idea, please let me know the way to solve.

thanks

postscript:

the inner pdf has 1 page and many shapes and strings on the map around japan

TOPICS
PDF output

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Takashi,

Are you using Adobe Acrobat to create the PDF file? If yes, Acrobat has a setting the size of output file. Currently, your setting could be for creating 'High Quality Prints,' which would lead to large PDF sizes. Change this to the smallest file size. Let me know if this works for you. 

Regards,

Apurva

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Apurva

Thank you very much for your reply

Actually I am using Adobe Framemaker, not Adobe Acrobat.

I tryed to find 'High Quality Prints' on the settings but Icould not find both Adobe Framemaker and Distiller.

could you tell me the operation to set them?

thanks

Takashi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Takashi,

I don't have your version of Framemaker, so making a few assumptions. I suppose you are creating the PDF in Framemaker using File>Save as PDF command. The next screen brings up the PDF Setup dialog box, where you will find the PDF Job Options Drop-Down command. Please select the Smallest File Size option and then click Set to save your book as a PDF.

Let me know if this works for you.  Please share your screen, if you have different options or if you are using some other utility for PDF creation. 

Regards

ApurvaPDF Setup Dialog Box.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Apurva

Thank you very much for your kind that was so easy to understand for me with image.

unfortunately it didn't work the output pdf was still 50MB.

have you got any other idea?

if you have, please give me the idea.

yours

takashi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Takashi,

Currently, I am working on a file that has dozens of large A3 sized images and the 240 page PDF, even in the smallest file size,  is around 30 Mb in size, so maybe you have a similar issue.

Can we sort your problem over a screen sharing application like AnyDesk? Are you comfortable about showing me your file and Framemaker/Acrobat setup? Let me know offline and we will set-up our session, that is free of any obligation or expections, or guarentee of results 🙂 But we can surely try.

I am in India, which is 5.5 hours ahead of UTC.

Once we do solve the problem, we will share the results on this forum to help others.

Regards

Apurva

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Apurva

thank you very much for your kind.

I am so sorry but I cannot show you any detail because of the security...

do you have any other idea?

takashi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Takashi,

I can help only after seeing the particular settings of your Framemaker and Acrobat+Distiller or the PDF making program on your computer. Maybe you can share the screenshots of the settings. Or we can do the screen share session using generic files like a new Framemaker document with a large sized image, so that no secure material is revealed.

Regards

Apurva

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines