framemaker12 on save as pdf

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I put about 1MB pdf file as a graphic on framemaker12 but when I save as PDF file, white page has been saved.

the PDF image is disappeared on the new PDF file which I saved.

I want to save as PDF file with other PDF image.

If you have any idea, please let me know.

thanks

TOPICS
PDF output

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK PDF is not an image format - can you test with the original image file?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We use PDF as our main image format by saving our Visio-created graphics to PDF. You have to remember to shrink the page size around the graphic and only print the current page (if there's more than one sheet) but it's a good way to get acceptably-sized vector graphics.

(NB: I'd rather use SVG since that's an open-source format. Unfortunately, FM has issues with SVG exported from Visio if there are any grouped elements in the Visio.)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

marginally, I have problems using svg from Visio anywhere ;-} full of Visio-specific cruft, so I'm becoming more familiar than I really wanted to be with editing the raw .svg file …

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My last job, we  used nothing but SVG exported from Visio with no issues, but we were also using Frame 2015 and Visio 2013. This issue cropped up at my current job sometime last October on Frame 2017 after either a Windows update or a Visio (subscription plan) update, not sure which, since I think both happened around the same time.

Adobe is still tracking this. I reported it as an FM bug, but I think they've transferred it to the PDF team. At least there's a workaround using print to PDF from Visio and importing the PDF into Frame!

(I have no idea how to edit raw SVG. I almost wish I did, but since we have a workaround there's not a lot of point in investing the time right now.)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF is a meta format, like EPS or AI, which can contain both vectors and bitmaps. Under the hood, for years, PDF is also XML.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you very much for your reply

nope, i never tried because I haven't got the image file made by cad maybe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you using to create the placed PDF? Your issue likely lies with that application/PDF generator.

What version (full version #) are you using to produce the PDF from Fm?

Are you using Save as, Print, or the Publish pod?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's image made by CAD maybe and I'm not really sure what application is generated the image.

you mean FM version right?

it's 12.0.0.329

and i'm using "Save As..." menu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are on a very old version of Fm, but you can at least update for free tot Fm 12.0.4 at Adobe - FrameMaker : For Windows

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this event same as the old one below?

- Oversize PDF files may contain blank pages or very small pages (FrameMaker 7.0 or later on Windows) (ATN 329043)

i tried Adobe PDF printer setting from 1200dpi to 600dpi then it works.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you very much for your suggestion.

i tried to installing patch 12.0.4 but it didn't work and error message said

Adobe: Please contact your Administrator if you wish to apply updates on your machine. Updates have been suppressed by...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You have to install all single updates up to 12.0.4.

This means:

And then 12.0.4

The updates do not contain the files from the previous updates.

This changed with FrameMaker 2019. There you can update only the latest one.

Best regards

Winfried

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

I tried installing 12.0.1 but it's got same result.

Should I install any version between 12.0.0.329 and 12.0.1?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

No. There isn't an additional update between 12.0.0 and 12.0.1.

You pasted only half of your error message. Why are updates suppressed? If you do not have admin privileges, then install the updates as admin.

And you should always run FrameMaker with admin privileges.

Best regards

Winfried

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

thank you so much for your quick reply

i was sorry but I needed to translate an error message from japanese to english.

I think the site below got same message as appeared on my pc.

https://www.thestrugglingphotographer.com/the-solution-to-update-failed-updates-have-been-suppressed...

and I think it caused by other adobe application version such as

acrobat dc as 15.006.30033

illustrator cc 2014 as 18.1.1

and a few more applications

anyway I did run with admin previleges.

takashi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Takashi,

Yes. The error message seems to be the same.

However, the link points to a description, where the user has a problem with the Create Cloud.

The files which he mentions do not exist for FrameMaker.

I do not know, if this is the same issue.

I would send an e-mail to the FrameMaker support: tcssup@adobe.com

Best regards

Winfried

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

thank you very much for your kind

i misunderstood the site maybe..

and I will think to send or not an e-mail to the support because it worked when I changed Adobe PDF Converter detail setting from 1200dpi to 600dpi, and it's too risky to re-install whole adobe stuff.

thank you so much again

takashi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should consider updating to 12.0.4.

There is basically an entire year of engineering between your installed version and 12.0.4.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
たかし120_ AUTHOR LATEST
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt

Takashi here

I am so sorry to reply late

Well, I tried to install version 12.0.4 recently and now I have some internal error 12044,21330346,21330646,21324895 everytime to

make pdfs.

Actually I tried a few times and 12044 is always same but more than 7 digit error codes? are always different such as 20344606, 6516510, etc.

What should I do now...

could you let me know any suggestions

yours sincerely

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines