Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Framemaker15 Publisher - Figure caption with a line under

Participant ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello fellows,

I have a strange issue with figure captions defined in Framemaker as having a line under the caption ("Frame Below Pgf" property) . This line is retrieved from a frame on the reference page. The caption is set to appear above the figure. In the Publisher, the figure caption style is set to "Use Source Style".

When I convert FM to HTML5, the figure caption is turned into <p class="FigureTitle">. The problem is that in the HTML output the figure caption is "split" into 2 <p> - the caption text itself, then comes the figure and then comes another <p class="FigureTitle"> that only contains the line itself (turned into a jpg). I can't figure out how to avoid splitting <p class="FigureTitle"> into two and keep the line below the caption itself.

Unfortunately, the caption cannot be mapped to a corresponding HTML tag in the Publisher as there is no relevant tag in the Pgf mapper.

Any ideas?

Thanks! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Hi Matt,

I appreciate your response!

As far as I can see, there is no such option in the publisher (while it is indeed available in Robohelp).

In the end, it was the matter of the caption placement (before or after the graphic frame anchor). The problem was caused by putting the caption after the anchor.

Kind regards,

Roman

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Use Source Style" setting is your problem. You need to define a CSS style for your caption, then set FigureTitle to map to that style. After that, you need to define the CSS style to provide the line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt,

I appreciate your response!

As far as I can see, there is no such option in the publisher (while it is indeed available in Robohelp).

In the end, it was the matter of the caption placement (before or after the graphic frame anchor). The problem was caused by putting the caption after the anchor.

Kind regards,

Roman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, I was addressing another problem...

Yes, you should have the anchor at the end of the line. A similar issue occurs if you put the anchor in the middle of the line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Matt,

I hope you were addressing another publisher problem I mentioned.

Yes, you are absolutely right.

Best regards,

Roman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines