• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker2015 - "Right-to-Left Mark" etc in the "Direction Symbols" tab in the Toolbar.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can I find the instructions for the correct usage of these commands - I haven't found anything in the Help pdf.

I have used them and they do produce the required effect however they insert a printable "?" at the point of insertion making the result unusable.

The only time it does not display a "?" is when used before a "<" or a "("

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can look here: http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-TECHS/H34.html

Thanks!

Harsh Gupta

FrameMaker Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harsh,

I am still puzzled where I can find the instructions, and meaning of, the tabs in the "Direction Symbols" in the Help as some of them don't appear to be in the document you pointed to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The symbols added under the Direction Symbols item are standard Unicode characters, and you should be able to find a lot about them on Google.

Let me know in case you need anything specific about them from FM's perspective.

Thanks!

Harsh Gupta

FrameMaker Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2016 Mar 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi bobw,

I think this a bug in FM 2015 about direction symbols appearance, I already raised the same problem in previous discussion (Direction markers in FM 2015) but no reply so I think the best solution for this to use Arial font for all direction symbols that you will use because Arial make it as hidden or you can use another font do the same hidden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines