• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting rid of unavailable fonts message

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2016 Sep 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to get rid of the unavailable fonts message. I've deselected Remember Missing Fonts in the preferences, saved the file, and reopened it. The messages still appeared. I tried restarting FrameMaker and also saving the file as MIF and resaving as a FrameMaker file.

Any ideas what I can do to get rid of this message? I created a list of fonts, and the missing fonts aren't listed. If they're used on a reference page, I don't care. I just want the error message to be gone.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2016 Sep 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try turning off the alert in Preferences?

VMware Fusionss_003.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2016 Sep 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to know in general when there are missing fonts, so I didn't change this preference.

Because this one file doesn't actually have any important missing fonts, I don't want to see the unavailable fonts message for that file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2016 Sep 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sheila:

The alert is either on or off, as you seem to know—it's not available on a document-by-document basis.

In my experience, files from older versions of FrameMaker persist with missing font errors even though I can't track them down using the various methods you mentioned in your post. Separately, I have learned the hard way (via corrupt files and strict instructions from Adobe support) that I really shouldn't be basing new documents on templates I developed in say, FrameMaker 5.5 or 7, but I should be redesigning my templates in each new version. (Truthfully, I cheat and redesign them every few versions.) Coincidently, redesigning templates takes care of the missing fonts. And when I encounter the occasional file that still shows the message, I just sigh, put it on a list and make sure it is open when I update my book.

Adding a better, more thorough way to remove missing fonts that don't appear to be there would be a good wishlist item: Home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines