• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gigantic Text in Frame 2017

Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7, 64 bit operating system. In Frame 2017, when I click in the footer to change the version number for example, the text increases from 8 point to very large point such as 20 point. This can happen just by putting the cursor on the version number, and occurs in many documents. The footer is all controlled with a style and there is no extra return or space with a large font. I fix this by clicking "default font" in the character catalog.

Similarly, when I delete some 11 point text in the body and then undo what I just did, all the text comes back in 36 points! 

Pam

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

This issue is resolved in Update 2 which is live now. You can install from within FrameMaker 2017 using Help > Updates menu. You can look at all the resolved issues at Resolved issues in FrameMaker (2017 release)

thanks,

Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this repeatable? How often does it happen? Does it happen more when you've been using FM for a while or can it happen as soon as you've started a session?

You should report this to the Adobe's bugbase at: Tracker 

Include as many details and screen shots as possible. There have been mentions of other odd issues with FM2017 and I've had some wierd happenings on my version as well, so there very well coud be some sort of memory leak in this version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I have. It's issue 2472. I attached an example of when the UI suddenly degrades and displays bizarre text, plus an example that just occurred now with the text increasing suddenly.

Pam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pam,

do you like receive any feedback from Adobe when posting a bug?

We have the bug you describe a lot. Installing the latest patch 2017 did not resolve it.

kind regards,

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tom and others,

Update 1 doesn't fix it. We are working on the issue and hope to come out with Update 2 soon. We really apologize for this embarrassing issue. For now please undo (Ctrl + Z) whenever this happens.

Thanks,

Vivek

Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This issue is resolved in Update 2 which is live now. You can install from within FrameMaker 2017 using Help > Updates menu. You can look at all the resolved issues at Resolved issues in FrameMaker (2017 release)

thanks,

Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines