Highlighted

Graphic properties of arrows

Advocate ,
Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<knit picking on>

When drawing with FM tools a line or other open object can get arrow tips. Their style can be selected. My favorite looks like this

Arow-tip.png

Since long I have notices that the real image of an arrow does not correspond to the properties of the object. Now I have checked this:

This arrow was set up with these properties:

ArrowBaseAngle = 90°

ArrowLength = 786432 (= 0.423 cm)

ArrowScaleFactor = 16384 = 0.25

ArrowScaleHead = 1

ArrowTipAngle = 16°

ArrowType = 3

BorderWidth = 1310720 = 0.706 cm = 20 pt

However, measuring the arrow tip shows an ArrowLength is 2.35cm = 66.7 pt. 120pt (due to a line thickness of 20pt) would be 4.2333cm (what the property claims to be!)

To set up a particular (user defined) tip appearance:

➔ how to set the ArrowLength to really get it 12 pt long (for 1pt line thickness)?

Of couse i could take the approach common to students: introduce a factor sigma (propertional faction to the result of the neighbour)...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Graphic properties of arrows

Advocate ,
Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<knit picking on>

When drawing with FM tools a line or other open object can get arrow tips. Their style can be selected. My favorite looks like this

Arow-tip.png

Since long I have notices that the real image of an arrow does not correspond to the properties of the object. Now I have checked this:

This arrow was set up with these properties:

ArrowBaseAngle = 90°

ArrowLength = 786432 (= 0.423 cm)

ArrowScaleFactor = 16384 = 0.25

ArrowScaleHead = 1

ArrowTipAngle = 16°

ArrowType = 3

BorderWidth = 1310720 = 0.706 cm = 20 pt

However, measuring the arrow tip shows an ArrowLength is 2.35cm = 66.7 pt. 120pt (due to a line thickness of 20pt) would be 4.2333cm (what the property claims to be!)

To set up a particular (user defined) tip appearance:

➔ how to set the ArrowLength to really get it 12 pt long (for 1pt line thickness)?

Of couse i could take the approach common to students: introduce a factor sigma (propertional faction to the result of the neighbour)...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 05, 2019 0

Have something to add?