• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Has anybody seen this? Doers anybody know what it does?

Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2015 Nov 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,

When I start FM 2015 (part of TCS 2015), I get a dialog box saying:

Adding information can unintentionally change or delete values and cause components to stop working correctly. If you do not trust the source of this information in

C:\Users\Carel\AppData\Local\Temp\frmreg.reg, do not add it to the registry.

Are you sure you want to continue?

Can anybody tell me what this registry entry is for?

Thank you in advance for any feedback.

Regards,

Carl

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2015 Nov 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Windows operating system are you running FM13 on, and is the OS native or virtualized, and 32- or 64-bit?

Searching the greater web on "frmreg.reg" (with quotes) gets some hits, some related to WINE, and one suggesting a corrupt FM install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2015 Nov 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

I'm running Frame on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit locally on a PC, so not

virtualized.

I also did a search and this is what I found (see attachment).

Thx for your input.

Regards,

Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

re: see attachment

No attachment visible to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

frmreg mentioned.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Bob,

Hope the previous post of the image has reached you.

I wanted to add my reply, but it looks like the picture is already posted.

I find this interface of the Community not very intuitive and annoying, so sorry for the chaotic communications.

Regards,

Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I see that listing now, but I have no clue what it is or what it means. Those API calls are not something I'm familiar with.

I see in the forum back traffic a hint that this might be a user permissions problem, with a suggestion of running FM as Administrator once.

Did this FM2015 ever work without tossing that dialog?

If not, it might be an install problem - not installed for all users - or installed only for users with Admin privs -  that sort of thing.

I'm still on FM7 at home (WinXP/32 in a VM on Win7P/64), and there is no file named fmreg.reg anywhere on the XP client filesystem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

On my previous Win 7 install it worked without this message, but I had to go back and install an image

dating from February 2015, because my previous Win 7 install was messed up.

It's not an issue, because when I click No at the question "Are you sure you want to continue", Frame 2015

starts up without a problem.

Thanks for your research and for your feedback.

Greetings from Holland,

Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The FrameMaker application has a top-level file named fmreg.txt. This contains registry settings used to setup the application, with a placeholder for the actual install directory. FrameMaker checks for these registry settings at startup, and applies them if missing - including immediately post-install. To do so, creates a temporary file, replacing the placeholder for the install directory with the actual value.

The file you are seeing is almost certainly this temporary file. Compare it with the fmreg.txt file to verify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Mike,

Since I posted my question, I managed to check the contents of the file and it consists of a whole series of registry settings,

so you're right on the mark.

Thank you for your feedback.

Regards,

Carl.

-

Origineel Bericht----

Van : forums_noreply@adobe.com

Datum : 01/12/2015 14:30

Aan : scansite@planet.nl

Onderwerp : Has anybody seen this? Doers anybody know what it does?

Has anybody seen this? Doers anybody know what it does?

created by Mike-Hardy in FrameMaker - View the full discussion

The FrameMaker application has a top-level file named fmreg.txt. This contains registry settings used to setup the application, with a placeholder for the actual install directory. FrameMaker checks for these registry settings at startup, and applies them if missing - including immediately post-install. To do so, creates a temporary file, replacing the placeholder for the install directory with the actual value.

The file you are seeing is almost certainly this temporary file. Compare it with the fmreg.txt file to verify.

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8234478#8234478 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8234478#8234478

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in FrameMaker by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines