Has anyone used scripts in FrameMaker 2015?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

We have some relatively complex scripts we use to update books in FrameMaker 10. Now that we are running them on FrameMaker 2015, the results are mixed. We are parsing out each function and doing some testing, but I wanted to check here if anyone has any experience running scripts in FM2015.

If we get the issue narrowed down, I will try to share our results here.

Thanks for your feedback!!

Heather Ayer

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

405

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Reply
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Heather,

I haven't seen any specific problems with FrameMaker 2015 and ExtendScript. If you let me know what you are seeing, I might be able to steer you in the right direction.

Rick

PS. I just left you a voice mail. Call me if you want discuss it over the phone. Thanks.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Reply
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mentor ,
Jan 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heather, same here. I run lots of scripts and have not noticed any problems in FM2015. Yet.

Russ

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Reply
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this is an old post, but it's the closest thing to the issue I'm seeing.

A major problem I am having with extendscript with FM2015 is that it seems to not be resetting the text location properly when I run repetitive finds in a script.

So, if I set

tloc = new TextLoc (docStart, 0);

with tloc being the variable for test location and docstart being the first paragraph in the flow, and then run

foundText = doc.Find (tloc, findParams);

it doesn't run the search from the defined text location (tloc). Even though I look at the tloc variable in data browser (or have it pop up in an alert), and it says '0', the find will start from some weird offset.

I have seen this in multiple scripts that worked fine in FM11, but now do not reset the start location properly for a Find.

Was there some change in the way the text locations are manipulated in FM2015?  Anyone else having similar issues?

I do a lot of find/change or find and manipulate in scripts across 500+ page books. I need to be able to precisely position the start of the find or it's very difficult to know what is going on.

thanks for any responses (or words of encouragement!).

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Reply
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing I have had to do with these is to "reset" the current text selection to the text location I just made before I do the find. Something like this:

tloc = new TextLoc (docStart, 0);

doc.TextSelection = new TextRange (tloc, tloc);

foundText = doc.Find (tloc, findParams);

Rick

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Reply
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll give this a shot and let you know. Thanks for the help!

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Reply
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more