Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

You can see if you can get it from Adobe. One suggestion is to sign up for a 30-day free trial to the Creative Cloud and download ExtendScript Toolkit CC. Or you should be able to download FrameMaker 2017 as a trial version and run a custom install so you just install ExtendScript Toolkit CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think FrameMaker 2015 came with ExtendScript Toolkit CC. Do you have that version on your machine? You might try running the FrameMaker installer again and see if you can do a custom install and just install the latest ExtendScript Toolkit that comes with it. The CS5 version of ExtendScript Toolkit is pretty old.

Can you verify what versions of Windows and FrameMaker you are using? Thanks. -Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 Pro, SP1 and Frame 13.0.5.547

I see where CS5 is installed (but doesn't work). I don't have ExtendScript Toolkit CC installed. I probably inadvertently uninstalled it to reinstall and now I've messed everything up. I do know I couldn't get it to launch.

I do not have the Frame 2015 CDs as my ex-coworker bought it for the team and most likely downloaded it.

Suggestions? I really want to use/create scripts I used with FM 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can see if you can get it from Adobe. One suggestion is to sign up for a 30-day free trial to the Creative Cloud and download ExtendScript Toolkit CC. Or you should be able to download FrameMaker 2017 as a trial version and run a custom install so you just install ExtendScript Toolkit CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. With Adobe's help, I was able to track down the correct IT person who ordered it for my team member, got the key, uninstalled FM 2015 and reinstalled. All is working well. Thank you again for your support!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines