• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP!! Framemaker 2019 Figure Numbers Do Not Run Consecutively in Document

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 63 page publication. I added a few more illustrations and listing them as Figures. Performing the "Figure Title" Numbering goes well until Page 27 when the numbering resets. I inserted another "Figure Title" on Page 26 and it numbered correctly (Figure 7-9). But insetting the Figure Title on page 27, it resets to "Figure 7-1". I have tried every trick trying to get this to work, besides rewriting the publication.

Please, can someone tell me what could be the issue?

Last Framemaker Version I used was 5. So, I am fairly new to 2019.

Thank you!!

TOPICS
Content migration , Error , FAQ , Formatting and numbering , Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you somehow got more than one Flow in your document? Check on page 26 down in the left corner to see what Flow: setting is there & then go to page 27 to see what the Flow: setting reads there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi HuggyB:

I agree with Jeff that it sounds like a flow issue. In FrameMaker, numbering increments within a single flow tag, with Flow A as the default. You can see the flow tag when you click on the text and look at the left side of the status bar (right above the Windows start menu).

What makes troubleshooting tricky is that one can have two Flow As in a single file. You won't have to re-write the pub (copy and paste should do it) but we may need more info to give you a hand.

If you press Enter a few times at the end of page 26, do the ¶s move to the top of page 27 or does a black line appear?

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Huggy,

Jeff and Barb may be correct that the problem involves flows. There are other possibilities. For example, it may well be that the autonumber of a paragraph unrelated to figures resets the counter.

To check for different flows on p. 26 and p. 27, I would simply click in the last line on p. 26 and press the down arrow. Does the cursor move to p. 27?

What is the autonumber of your figure titles?

What happens if you insert a new figure at the bottom of p. 26? What about the top of p. 27?

--Lynne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines