• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help needed to format a Warning and Caution background.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Community,

(using FrameMaker 2019)

I would like some help in formatting a particular style of background for a WARNING and CAUTION .

I have created a style which I set up in the paragraph designer and saved in the catalog that works well, thats no problem. I used the 'Numbering' tab in the designer to automatically put in the 'WARNING' at the paragraph begining.

BUT, the detail I can't get is the bold line around the background, like in the sample attached. I've set up the background using a Pgf.Box with the right color but I really need that bold border. Anyone have any ideas if or how I can achieve this? Thank you. Mark.

Warning & Caution Sample:

Warning and Caution sample.JPG

My Warning & Caution background so far:

my warning & caution background so far.JPG

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi upwritenzl:

FrameMaker added paragraph shading to the ¶ catalog, but hasn't added a paragraph border option yet. The only way to get what you want right now is to put your warning and caution text in a single-cell table. At that point, the table could also handle the shading, if you like.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2019 Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
OK, thank you. I'll give that a try and see how it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines