• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help on FrameMaker

Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2016 Mar 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I keep page numbers from breaking across lines?  For example, 1- on one line and 23 on the next?  There is no space between the characters (1-23), so no way to add a non-breaking space.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 31, 2016 Mar 31, 2016

Ah... found it in the forum.  In this case /+ replaces the hyphen.  Sorry, newbie and didn't search long enough!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it has something to do with editing the hyphenation rules – check the help & search the forum – I don’t know much about it (never really cared that much I guess)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't appear to work in cross-references, Jeff... at least not that I could see.  I found the non-breaking hyphen, but it wouldn't insert in the cross-reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah... found it in the forum.  In this case /+ replaces the hyphen.  Sorry, newbie and didn't search long enough!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For future reference, you might want to consider using the more typograpically correct en-dash  instead of the hyphen when setting up a page number sequence or separating a range of numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines